CAMEROON – HUMANITARIAN NEEDS OF INTERNALLY DISPLACED PEOPLE
Caring for the Internally Displaced People at the Pastoral Centre in Kumbo where they received three meals a day during the month of June 2019.
The Kumbo Diocesan Family Life Office provided assistance, from the funds raised by St. Joseph’s Parish, through a holistic and pastoral ministry to the affected people who have suffered from the prolonged political conflict in their region.
· Care and support to the affected by providing food to 50 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) for the month of June 2019 at the Pastoral Centre.
· Building resilience in children by providing psychosocial support counselling to the children affected by the death of their parents especially those whose parents were killed (shot dead) in their presence by the Cameroon military.
· Psychosocial support counselling to the affected.
· Ensuring good health through the payment of hospital bills.
· Protecting the families by preventing them from wandering from one place to another in providing corrugated sheets for roofing the burnt houses.
Please read the full report below which includes many letters of appreciation from the beneficiaries.
Thank you for your continued support for this project.