a message from Fr Michael...
This year we are giving special attention to the centenary of St Joseph’s. 100 years ago three Carmelite Fathers departed from Chesham Bois and settled in a country house that is now St Joseph’s. Benefactors donated generously to build a little church that was expanded and blessed in 1963. The Priory extension was opened in 1970. There is a cycle of improving and beautifying and expanding that vibrates now. Countless hours of prayer and meeting and teaching and preaching and praise and service go into our parish story.
And so we journey into the centenary year with momentum. On the way we will recall departed loved ones to whom we are forever grateful and Carmelite Fathers who have served at St Joseph’s. We recall the devoted characters who make up the story of our parish. At the end of the centenary year we will have a pictorial record of events of the year, and a resume of the past which, God willing, we’ll enjoy.
St. Joseph's Church and Priory on Austenwood Common, Gerrard's Cross, has grown in two stages, from modest beginnings in 1913 to the large and flourishing church of today... Read more